Support & encouragement for your grief journey.
After the funeral, when the cards & flowers have stopped coming, most of the people around you return to their normal lives. But your grief continues, and you feel alone.
Often, friends & family want to help you, but don’t know how. That’s the reason for GriefShare. Our group is led by caring people who have experienced grief and have successfully rebuilt their lives. We understand how you feel because we’ve been in the same place. We will walk with you on the long path through grief toward healing and hope for the future.
“Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
GriefShare is a network of 12,000+ churches worldwide equipped to offer grief support groups. The program is appropriate for people at any level of faith, or affiliated with any denomination, and contains practical information on how to find God’s strength through mourning & grief. You do NOT have to attend Clarks Green Assembly to attend the group that meets here. You may learn more about GriefShare at www.GriefShare.org
What To Expect
GriefShare is a support group that meets weekly. You’ll find it to be a warm, caring environment and will come to see your group as an “oasis” on your long journey through grief. There are three key parts to your GriefShare experience: A Video Seminar, Support Group discussion time, and Journaling in the Workbook.
We understand this is a big step for you. Please feel free to simply ‘test drive’ our group by sitting in on a meeting as a trial run – NO obligation or feeling any pressure to return, if you find the group is not a fit for you. Here’s how to get started…
- WHERE: Clarks Green Assembly of God Church, 204 S. Abington Rd., Clarks Green, PA 18411
- WHEN: GriefShare typically meets on Wednesday evenings at Clarks Green Assembly, from 7pm to 9pm (Scroll below to see full Winter 2017 schedule) – ***NOTE: You do NOT have to attend from the beginning of the Winter season. Feel free to ‘jump in’ whenever you are able.
- HOW: Simply call Louise Cator, Secretary of CGA to inform her of your desire to attend. 570.586.8286 – OR – use the contact form (scroll below). We’re excited to have you join us!
- COST: While you are under NO obligation to purchase it, there is a workbook that we feel will be beneficial to your journey. Should you decide to purchase that, there will be a one-time fee of $20 for materials.
Winter of 2017-2018 Schedule
- November – 29
- December – 6, 13, 20, 27
- January – 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- February – 7, 14, 21
- ALL meetings beginning at 7pm and end promptly by 9pm