Clarks Green Assembly of God
Ministering to the Lord and the community!
Located at 204 South Abington Road, Clarks Green, PA 18411
Phone: 570.586.8286 Email: email@example.com
Please take special note of our Ministries Page which provides details
of programs we use for teaching, fellowship and accountability.
Upcoming events are updated frequently on our Events Page.
Visit us often - here and at the church.
Join us every Sunday at 9:45am for Sunday School.
We have classes for ages two through adult.
January At A Glance
7pm Family Night: Girls' Club (ages 3-12),
Royal Rangers (ages 4-18),Anchored Youth, Young Adult Blueprints and Adult Bible Study
31: Ladies’ Birthday Breakfast 8:30am
31: Worship Seminar w/Mike Warner 10am
Feb.1: SUPER BOWL Men's Ministry PARTY at Armetta's 5:30pm
3: Annual Business Meeting 7pm
15 DECREES FOR 2015
1) I decree that in 2015, I willincrease in my separation unto God and His Waysas I choose Him in all things. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
2) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in my love for God, for myself, and for others. (Matthew 22:37-40)
3) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in perfect peace, wholeness and soundness in my heart and mind, in allmy ways, and in every situation. (2Peter1:2)
4) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in wisdom from above because I love wisdom and ask for wisdom. (James1:5)
5) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in the grace of God that enables me both to will and to do of His goodpleasure. (John 1:16; Philippians 2:13)
6) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in the strength of the Lord as I wait on Him. (Isaiah 40:31)
7) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in divine health and healing. (3 John 1:2)
8) I decree that in 2015, I will increase in abundance and prosperity. All my needswill be met according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Deuteronomy 1:11; Philippians 4:19)
9) I decree that in 2015, I will receiveincreased revelation in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, His kingdom, and His Righteousness.(Ephesians 1:17)
10) Idecree that in 2015, I will receive increased manifestationof miracle-working power. (Acts1:8)
11) Idecree that in 2015, I will receive increased answers to prayeras I pray according to God’s will. (1John 5:14, 15)
12) Idecree that in 2015, I will increase in the purity of my heart, its motives, and its passions. As a result, I will perceive God in newrealms and dimensions. (Matthew5:8)
13) Idecree that in 2015, I will increase in boldness to proclaim the Gospel and as a result, many will turn to theLord! (Acts 4:31)
14) Idecree that in 2015, I will increase in peace, and fear will no longer b part of who I am in Christ. (2 Timothy 1:7)
15) Idecree that in 2015, my (our) best is yet to come! (1Corinthians2:9; Romans 8:28)
how we may spur one
another on toward love
and good deeds. Let
us not give up meeting
together, as some are
in the habit of doing,
but let us encourage
one another—and all
the more as you see
the Day approaching”
What a Fish Story!
Read: Exodus 20:1 through 23:19; Matthew 17:14–27
A fisherman, upon leaving his home, promised his wife fish for dinner that night. However, the fish didn’t cooperate, and he was forced to stop at a fish market. He asked the clerk to throw the fish to him so that he could honestly say, “I caught these myself.” With a little humor, the man found a way keep his obligation.
In Matthew, Jesus gave some strange instructions for Peter so they could keep their obligation to the government.
“Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours” (Matthew 17:27).
Tax collectors had asked Peter if Jesus paid the temple tax. “Yes, he does!” Peter answered. Then he asked Jesus about it. Jesus told Peter how to get money to pay taxes for the two of them.
Even though at times it may have been burdensome, Jesus Christ obeyed the laws of man. He set an example in obeying the laws of government. Christians should be good citizens of this world.
Challenge for Today: Commit to following the government’s laws.
Quicklook: Matthew 17:24–27
Devotional brought to you by God's Word For Today.
God's Word For Today is available from Gospel Publishing House.
AG.org News & Information
A Letter to "AG News" Readers
AG News is joining with the Pentecostal Evangel to become PE News!
Mandy Groot Appointed as National Girls Ministries Director
Mandy Groot, the former Ohio AG District Girls Ministries director, has been appointed as the new AG National Girls Ministries director.
Couple Pours God's Love into Notorious Bronx Neighborhood
Through Real Life Church, Reggie and Ibelsa Stutzman find various means to minister to prostitutes, drug addicts and gang members.
Video Contest Encourages College Students to Help End World Hunger
Chi Alpha announces the winners of its video contest promoting the ministry's partnership with feedONE by answering the question, "Why feedONE?"
Evangel University Successfully Launches First Doctoral Program
Evangel University's first doctoral program, an Ed.D. of Educational Leadership in Curriculum & Instruction, offered for the fall 2014 semester, sees 15 students participating in the program's cohort.